Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stripped Bare

Well, yea, kinda. I kinda got my cart before my horse with my nutrition and workout clients. I was trying to build my recipe data base, launch a website, design spreadsheets, and serve the needs of 9 clients. I thought I was doing a pretty good job, until I wasn't. I was developing new recipes faster than I had time to figure out all the macros for so I couldn't put them on clients menu plans. I'm working to put individual training manuals in a written form w/pictures for each client and still working full time, plus the travel I had in the month of March. All this to say, I sadly lost a couple clients this month. The good news is, I gained new friends over the time that I did work with them and will continue to encourage their pursuit of their goals.

Ironically, tomorrow starts my first day of part time which gives me a focused day to work only on things for my clients. The day that I got two notifications from clients I was down for a moment and felt like I had let people down. Then I remembered a little saying that my dad used and I have used here on Spark several times . . . he who hunts two rabbits goes hungry. Meaning, you need to pick your target and aim for it. What is it I really want. What is the thing I desire to do. Every since I went to the Arnold Festival, it lit a new fire in my belly to continue setting and reaching for a cleaner, healthier, stronger life. This is not a diet that I am on. This is a life mission, a ministry. I want every man, woman and child to enjoy the benefits of clean eating and living an active lifestyle. I want women to understand the importance of strength training. Yes, I want to be an evangelist of the clean eating movement. I want to celebrate all that I have received from clean eating and enjoy all the benefits from it. So, we these thoughts still in my mind, I went home from work, still feeling like I had let some people down. I went to open my business email and 'accidentally' opened my personal email. In my email was a new message from EatCleanDiet.com stating that my story had been selected to be a featured success story and asked me a few follow up questions. Accidentally? I don't think so. More like confirmation!

Let's eat! I'm hungry!


Oatmeal w/choped apple & cinnamon! Also had 4 scrambled egg whites


Morning snack was, as you can see, celery and sunflower seed butter


Lunch was Tilapia and sweet potato wedges. I cut the sweet potato into wedges, you could do fries. Sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Coated them in a mix of garlic pepper, chili powder and cinnamon. Bake on a baking sheet in the oven for 30 minutes. Super delicious.


Snack: Chicken breast and tomato wedges w/garlic pepper on them.

Great workout after work! Upper body. Actually focused just on the lats, traps, delts, and shoulder rotators.


Dinner was delicious! Chicken breast, farro and a mix of stirfry veggies. (menu called for zucchini and green beans, but I had this nice tray of assorted stirfry veggies that were begging to be used up).

That's the day! Ended it with a great snack of strawberries and cashews and 1/2 of a chocolate casein shake.

P.S. Thank you for you input and your ideas! I love the tip about the rubber bands! Thanks SBHPatrick!

Have a lovely day! Choose the rabbit you want to catch and hunt that sucker down!

No comments:

Post a Comment