Saturday, May 21, 2011

Just a Glimpse

It's 10:00 a.m. Saturdays, May 21, 2011. I'm sitting in a gym listening to Pomp and Circumstance as a strain to catch a glimpse of sons face. I feel a lump in my throat and my eyes well up. I am struck by how odd it is that I I gave birth to this boy 22, almost 23 years ago. I helped him learn to walk, I home schooled him, drove him back and forth to school and to work throughout his high school years. I work at the university he is graduating from and have seen him on a regular basis throughout his four years of college. This is a very familiar face to me. A face I love. A face I see frequently. And yet here I set on the edge of my seat, hungering to just catch a glimpse of him in a sea of people, feeling a flood of emotions at the thought of all this day signifies.


That's my boy. He graduated today with a Bachelors Degree in Computer Systems/New Media. We had a lovely day with family and friends celebrating his special day. Several of his friends and some of our neighbors stopped by the house to enjoy a time of food and fellowship.

This evening he all gathered at the church to rehearse for his wedding tomorrow. It is a small informal community style church. I feel totally at ease about tomorrow. My only concern and believe me it is slight, is that my dress may feel a little tight due to some bloating and the fact that my dress is pretty fitted.


The tall blonde in the middle is the bride, and my son is to the left of her as you look at the picture.

I have some yummy recipes to share with you in the next couple days when I have a little more time and can get all my thoughts together.

Be brave, be bold, be fierce and be fabulous!

3 comments: