Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Stage is Set


The stage is set and I am ready to arrive. . . .

My sons college graduation is just 10 days away.

His wedding is 11 days away.

The house is being prepared for guests, to improve traffic flow and make areas for groups to gather in to socialize. I now have it so that 20 - 25 people could comfortable gather for conversation/meals. This is important because we live in a college town and most of the wedding party are college students.

The menu has been made for post graduation cookout that will also serve as rehearsal dinner.

The shopping list for paper products, meats, nuts, hummus and veggies has been made.

The dresses have been bought . . . and all fit!

I have three events in three days and a dress to wear to each.

First is the dinner the night before my sons graduation:


Then his graduation:


And then his wedding: (not sure I have a good picture of this dress)



I have the shoes purchased and lined in that go with each dress and a back up dress just encase:


My hair has been highlighted and trimmed recently. I will have my eyebrows threaded on Friday. I have done all the prep work I can to make this go as smoothly as possible.

I didn't wait until the last minute, which would have caused me to feel panic and anxiety. I have been planning all along the way and now, I'm ready. Well, as ready as a mom can be. There will be high emotions on that weekend.

The other thing I have been preparing all along the way is my body, my health, my wellness. Physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually I have been cleaning house, making room, clearing the flow and cleaning out. I feel the best I have felt since I was 17. I am so glad I invested the time into my physical health and well being. I walk with more confidence, I have better stamina and I am able to feel stress and pressure without internalizing it and allowing it take over my ability to think wisely.

I am in day 18 of the 28 Day Challenge. I have realized in these 18 days that I will most likely always follow a written meal plan. It just works for me. Especially during busy or stressful times it is nice to not have to 'think' about what to eat and just know what is on the menu. It gives me one less decision to make each day when I am packing my lunch. The other thing I have realized is that I am very happy with who I am and where I am at physically. I am a healthy weight for my height. My body fat is reasonably low (20-22%). I'm wearing the smallest size I have ever worn. I am stronger, can lift, push and pull more than ever before. I have great endurance and can run, jump, skip and hop.

I don't know that there is a 'there' for me or anyone as far as health and fitness goes, I will always be working on improving in every aspect with every workout. BUT, as far as weight loss goes . . . I'm there.

Mentally . . . I don't need to see the number drop.

Physically . . . I'm wearing size 6/8 . . . I'm shaped like an hour glass and my husband can't keep his hands off me. What else could I want?

Emotionally . . . I love who I am and the number on the scale does not define my self worth.

Spiritually . . . the number on the scale does not measure the purpose I was created for.

The stage is set and I am ready to arrive . . .

I am my best self now!

Be fabulous! Be YOU!

2 comments:

  1. You have so much going on and yet you find time to encourage the masses and make time for yourself - organized you are and beautiful you are! You will be the most beautiful woman at the party and the wedding!

    ReplyDelete