Sunday, April 24, 2011

Menu/Schedule for Week One of the 28 Day Bikini/Eat Clean Challenge


Carolyn’s Week One Menus & Schedule

Monday: POWER:  Lower Body Workout:  Meals from Eat Clean Diet Recharged Cooler 2 Day 4
Breakfast: 1 ezekiel English muffin, spread with yogurt cheese and topped with spinach, tomato and scrambled egg whites. water
Snack: Trail mix (almonds, cashew, dried unsweetened cranberries, raisins): 1 apple. Water
Lunch:  Spinach topped w/grilled chicken, pitted chopped dates, slivered almonds, dash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, water.
Snack: 1 sliced orange; 1 handful cashews, water.
Dinner:  Bison burger (since I do not have tenderloin; roasted carrots, brussel sprouts and leeks) water.

Tuesday:  FLOW:  Hiit + Abs  (high intensity interval training)  Menu from Recharged Cooler 1 Day 2
Breakfast: Bob’s Red Mill 10 Grain Hot Breakfast Cereal (menu says millet), topped with flaxseed and bee pollen (I will add cinnamon).  Scrambled egg whites.  Water.
Snack:  ½ apple; water-packed canned tuna. Water.
Lunch: ½ sweet potatoe; spinach topped with grilled chicken breast, radishes, cucumbers, dash of balsamic vinegar.  Water.
Snack:  water packed tuna, cherry tomatoes. Water.
Dinner:  Roasted turkey breast, ½ sweet potato, steamed asparagus (I will probably grill mine)

Wednesday:  FLOW:  Chest, back and shoulders : Menu from Recharged Cooler 1 Day  Repeat  Tuesdays menu.  I like repetition, it makes preparation easy.  I have been known to live on the same three menus for up to three months. 
Thursday: FLOW:  This is a long cardio session for me 40 – 60 min:  Menu for Recharged Cooler 1 Day 4 to add a little variety!
Breakfast:  Bob’s Red Mill Creamy Buckwheat Cereal (says cream of wheat), bee pollen and flaxseed; hardboiled egg whites, water.
Snack: ½ pear, protein shake made with water and 1 scoop protein powder.
Lunch:  Bison burger, ½ sweet potato, broccoli, water.
Snack:  Grilled chicken breast; sliced cucumber, radishes, ½ pear. Water.
Dinner:  Baked tilapia, steamed spinach, steamed broccoli, ½ sweet potato, water.

Friday:  RYTHYM:  Second Lower Body Workout.  Menu from Eat Clean Diet Stripped Week 1 Day 1
Breakfast:  Be a Master of Your Frittata recipe (3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, ½ cup each of veggies, starch and protein of my choice.   Mine is usually ½ cup  peppers, mushrooms, onions chopped finely, ½ cup of cooked farro or brown rice, and grilled chicken breast or shrimp.
Snack:  almonds, apple. Water.
Lunch:  Baked Chicken breast sliced onto raw spinach with chopped onion, tomato, black beans and a squeeze of lemon.
Snack:  2 hard-boiled eggs; celery; water.
Dinner:  Roasted turkey breast; steamed broccoli; brown rice; water
Before Bed (if hungry):  4 Scramble egg whites with tomato, herbal tea.
*I will have chocolate casein shake most every night.  I tried going without it a couple nights in a row this past week and I had a horrible time with muscles in my legs, hips and feet cramping up and having spasms.  I need the potassium without all the extra carbs and calories it would take to get more into my diet.

Saturday:  FLOW:  Cardio, biceps & triceps:  Menu from Eat Clean Diet Recharged Cooler 1 Day 7
Breakfast: Bob’s Red Mill Cream Buckwheat Cereal (cream of wheat on menu), topped with bee pollen and flaxseed . . .I always add cinnamon; hardboiled egg whites. Water.
Snack: ½ apple, proten shake make with water and 1 scoop protein powder. Water.
Lunch: Grilled tuna loin (I will either have tuna fish or salmon) ½ sweet potato; raw sliced radishes. Water.
Snack: hardboiled egg whites, sliced tomatoes; ½ pear. Water
Dinner:  Grilled chicken, ½ sweet potato; steamed sliced zucchini; steamed asparagus. Water.

Sunday:  FLOW:  Day of Rest or light walk with dog. Menu from Eat Clean Diet Recharged Day 5
Breakfast:  Bob’s Red Mill 10 Grain Hot Cereal (millet), flaxseed and bee pollen; scrambled egg whites. Water.
Snack: ½ apple, water-packed canned tuna, water.
Lunch: Baked tilapia, ½ sweet potato; bok choy and steamed tomatoes. Water
Snack:  Water packed canned tuna, celery sticks, water, ½ apple.
Dinner:  Lean Roast (elk?)  ½ sweet potato; steamed asparagus, steamed green beans. Water.

This is my base plan for the week.  I tried to work it so I didn’t have red meats more than twice in the week.  I think I ended up with bison twice and Sundays menu has roast.  I like the menu with roast on it for Sunday’s dinners.  I put the meat in the crockpot in the morning with potatoes and carrots for my family.  At dinner time I make a veggie pouch with my sweet potato, asparagus and green beans, drizzle just a little olive oil on them and put them on the grill to cook.
I hope this gives you a peek at what your week might look like.  Again, when you look at the menu, if you don’t have chicken, substitute a lean meat that you do have.  I for one will be eating a lot of white fish, tuna and salmon this week because it is what I have on hand.  When you see  millet, cream of wheat, etc.  Use the type of oats or other grain cereal that you have on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment