Saturday, April 2, 2011

Stripping on the Run!

Friday is my new day off and Saturday is just such a full day for me! I had planned ahead, cooked ahead and was prepared, for the most part. I was able to get my errands done on Friday with my snacks in tow! Dinner was later than I would prefer on both Friday and Saturday nights. I was super hungry by the time the food was ready!

Let me back up and talk about Friday. My day off! I got lots done. Cleaned out my closet and dresser drawers in the morning. I seriously stripped down that closet, getting rid of anything that I either didn't like or just did not fit me any more! I ended up with just 2 pair of jeans, two pair of slacks, one button down shirt, a handful of knit pull overs, a couple dresses and a couple jackets I had just recently bought. My closet is stripped down!

I took 5 large garbage bags of clothes to the Goodwill. While I was there I picked up two new pair of pants, a couple new tops and two new spring jackets. All in my favorite tropical spring colors! I love turquoise, teal, hot pink, watermelon, kelly green, and bright whites!

On Fridays I teach yoga at noon and wanted to get my Boom Boom Pow workout in afterward. So, I packed my lunch and took it with me to the gym! That way I could do my workout and keep going from the gym to town to run the rest of my errands! On the run I forget to take pictures. Sorry friends. I do have some and will share those with you.

Friday Breakfast! My favorite!

Take Me on Vacation Oatmeal - Almond milk, mango, cashews, unsweetened coconut!

Snack

Two hardboiled eggs w/garlic pepper and a pear!

Lunch

No picture! It was albacore tuna with broccoli sprouts and romaine lettuce.

Afternoon snack - no picture! It was cashews and strawberries! YUM!

Dinner: Baked Tilapia and Vegetables a la Grecque w/brown rice

I was totally unsure I wanted to bother with the Veggie recipe. But, I was intrigued and decided to give it a try. Basically you 'pickle' the veggies in a combination of spices and vinegars for 4+ hours before dinner and eat them cold. I really liked it! It made my house smell like Easter! and it did make me pucker a little with the first bite or two. But I would repeat the recipe! Great summer side dish!

Night time snack: Apple w/Sunflower seed butter


Saturday morning breakfast: Cooked 10 grain cereal w/blueberries, raspberries, cinnamon and almond milk. It was supposed to be quinoa, but I'm not a fan of it as a breakfast cereal.


After breakfast, hubby and I went for a 6 mile run! Such a brisk morning here in Indiana! Brrrr! By the time we got dressed and ready to head out it was time for my mid morning snack. So, I packed it to take on the run with me. It was a mix of nuts, seeds and berries. I did deviate here. I used some dried cranberries and blueberries to make a trail mix. I used raw pecans, cashews and pumpkin seeds. It was yummy! Our pace was great for a long run! Super pleased with my running progress after taking most of the winter off from long runs.

Lunch was a tabbouleh: Cooked Farro (supposed to be quinoa), chopped cucumber, chopped tomato, olive oil and balsamic vinegar


After lunch hubby and I went shopping at my favorite girl store! Victoria's!!! I needed new house friendly pajamas and I had a $10 off coupon and a coupon for some free panties! It was time to get new jammies! My hubby was tired of seeing me walking around in my size 1x cotton knit pajama pants with the crotch between my knees and the drawstring drawn up like a pair of blinds. He made me throw the old ones away and get new ones. I don't have a problem with that.

emoticon Pretty things always make me smile!

While we were at the mall, I got a new pair of Puma shoes for weightlifting. They have flat firm soles that give me better contact with the the ground and a firmer surface to push off of with I do heavy squats. Love them! Oh, and they are white with turquoise piping! Love!

Snack was cucumbers and humus. Which I ate while waiting my turn to get a foot massage! It was a little treat from my hubby, which I had not expected. We were in side by side recliners getting our feet messaged by this fabulous gifted Asian men as Kenny G was playing! Nice! Very nice!

Dinner was Bison burger w/grilled brussel sprouts and leeks. Because we were late getting home from shopping, I was late getting dinner on. I'm sorry, no picture! I was busy grilling and then eating!!!! YUMMY! So, Yummy!

Oh, one more picture! My new workout shirt came in the mail!



Oh . . . .I also got two new dresses at the mall. They are so cute! I will wear them to the graduation events for my son in 7 weeks! However, it means I have only 7 weeks to shrink these hips!!! Do you hear that hips? It is on!!! The bottom part of this hour glass must shrink!!! I could not get the dresses in a larger size because the top was too big in the size 10's. They fit, just would like a little more room in the hip. It's on!!! I can do this!

Eat clean! Lift mean! Get lean! Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment